WT Architecture: The White House Architecture
WT Architecture have completed The White House. Completed in 2010, located in Isle of Coll, Argyll.
A new house in and around the ruins of ‘The White House’ where Boswell and Johnston visited during their tour of the Hebrides in 1773. The spectacularly cleft ruin is to be consolidated and only partly occupied. A glazed living room link connects a wing of domestic accommodation to the west, which is sheltered by a massive dry stone wall that extends into the landscape, extending the ancient patterns of enclosure analysed in the drawing above left.
All photos © Andrew Lee.